Job Specification: Fullstack Engineer
iKVA is an early-stage Knowledge Management company creating solutions for enterprises based on iKVA’s unique AI search technology. iKVA is a spin-out from Cambridge University and our founders are academics and researchers from Cambridge University’s Department of Computer Science & Technology (aka the Computer Lab). iKVA’s technology has been proven through proof of concepts with large organisations and, having secured funding, we are looking to build the company and the team to fully commercialise the products and take us to the next level.
What You’ll Do
Of course, as part of a small dynamic team doing early-stage product development, flexibility is key and you may end up doing things that extend your comfort zone. Although some work has already been done to create the systems, tools, and processes for our solutions as part of the proof of concepts, this is a great opportunity to make your mark defining and developing new software to enterprise level quality.
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for someone to join our team who:
- Relishes the chance to work in an early-stage fast-paced environment with all the opportunities that brings
- Is happy to work with ambiguity, conceiving and evaluating multiple approaches to a challenge
- Is flexible and willing to turn a hand to whatever is necessary to make the company a success
- Enjoys working in a team, leading and supporting other engineers and product people to drive products forward
- Constructively challenges the status quo – we know that great ideas can come from anywhere – and relishes rolling up their sleeves to get things done and prove their point
- Can talk to customers as necessary to understand their wants and needs
Skills and Experiences
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related discipline
- At least two years experience in B2B or enterprise software development
- Experience in working with agile/lean startup development methodologies
- Experience of writing and/or working with a range of APIs for major enterprise systems (e.g., SalesForce, Sharepoint, GSuite, SAS etc) using whatever languages and environments are appropriate for integrating our service with the customer’s workflow (e.g., React, C#, PHP, Python, Go)
- Over five years experience in B2B or enterprise software development
- Familiarity developing components and applications for deployment to both cloud-hosted SaaS and on-premises enterprise environments
- Fluency with tools and techniques for learning and experimenting with new APIs
- Familiarity with OCaml
- Experience working with high-performance “Big Data” pipelines
- Experience deploying and managing services using Helm charts and Kubernetes on one or more cloud platforms
- Experience operating and working within a CI/CD
- Strong Linux system administration skills and a burning need to build test infrastructure and automate everything!
What We Offer
You will be working with an extraordinary team from academia and industry developing cutting edge technologies in the field of knowledge management, ML, and AI.
You will be getting in on the ground floor of a company with great prospects and will be able to take the lead developing new products and services.
Our main office is based in central Cambridge but we offer flexible working conditions and the ability to work remotely part of the time.
You will be offered share options in the company so that you can participate in the company’s success.
iKVA is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a diverse, fun, inclusive and rewarding environment. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, colour, or religion. We believe that the best work happens with a team that truly reflects the diversity of society.
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org