Last updated 1st June 2020
Personal Data Collection
iKVA Limited may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website or our search services (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through this website, and similar information);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website or our search services, including information relating to any use or purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, search services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
You directly provide iKVA Limited with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Perform a query that uses our search services (collectively, our Service) via our Slack App, our Chrome App, our Firefox Add-on, or our Microsoft Office 365 Add-in (collectively, our Integrations).
- Perform a query that uses our search services via one of our demonstration websites (collectively, our Websites).
- Provide feedback via email.
Specific information we currently collect includes:
- When you submit a query to our Service, we collect the date and time of your query, the Integration or Website you used to generate your query, the query type, the query URL or query text, and the document library queried.
- When using our Slack App, we collect in addition the username, channel ID, and Slack Organisation of the Slack user submitting the query.
Using Personal Data
Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant other parts of our website.
We may use your personal data to:
- administer our Service, Integrations, and Websites;
- improve your user experience of our Service, Integrations, and Websites;
- enable your use of our Service or Integrations;
- send to you goods purchased from us and supply to you services purchased from us;
- send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you;
- send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our Services, Integrations or Websites.
Personal Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
iKVA Limited will store all the personal data you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into with us will be protected by encryption technology.
You are responsible for keeping credentials used to access our Service or Websites confidential. We will not ask you for your credentials except when you use our Service or Websites.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Information that iKVA Limited collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable the use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
iKVA Limited would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access. You have the right to request iKVA Limited for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification. You have the right to request that iKVA Limited correct any personal information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request iKVA Limited to complete personal information that you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure. You have the right to request that iKVA Limited erase your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that iKVA Limited restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to processing of your personal data by iKVA Limited under certain conditions.
The right to data portability. You have the right to request that iKVA Limited transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation or directly to you under certain conditions.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at 5 Deansway, Worcester, England, WR1 2JG
Privacy Statement Update
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
Our website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by iKVA Limited. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. iKVA Limited provides these links for your convenience only and does not endorse the material on the linked sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email to email@example.com or by post to 5 Deansway, Worcester, England, WR1 2JG.
This document is based on a free document supplied by The Legal Stop Limited through its website https://www.thelegalstop.co.uk.